Bale willing to make Man United move, Atletico want Vardy and Sanchez? GOSSIP

first_imgHere are the top transfer-related stories in Friday’s newspapers…Gareth Bale is willing to move to Manchester United in the summer if Real Madrid finally decide to sell him. (Independent)Jamie Vardy and Alexis Sanchez are on Atletico Madrid’s list of striker targets for this summer, as the club will seek to make a signing that both enlivens the attack and adds even more excitement ahead of the move to their new Estadio La Peineta home. (Independent)Brighton are plotting an ambitious move for Liverpool stalwart Lucas Leiva. Chris Hughton wants to bring in top-flight ready players ahead of Brighton’s first Premier League campaign next season. And versatile Brazilian Leiva, 30, who is out of contract this summer, has been discussed as a potential signing. (Daily Mirror)Chelsea are tracking Bournemouth defender Adam Smith. The Blues sent a scout to watch him produce a starring performance in the 2-2 draw against Stoke last Saturday and they will run the rule over him again against Burnley tomorrow. (The Sun)Chelsea want to bring Germany Under-17 star Jann-Fiete Arp to Stamford Bridge this summer. The Blues have been keeping tabs on the Hamburg forward for over six months. (Daily Mirror)West Brom hope to agree a compensation fee with Leeds for Charlie Taylor to avoid going to a tribunal. Baggies boss Tony Pulis has confirmed his interest in Taylor, who is out of contract at Elland Road, and is prepared to offer between £3million and £5million for the left-back. (Daily Mirror)Jesus Navas has been offered a new deal to stay at Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)Middlesbrough have made a £300,000 offer for Hartlepool winger Nathan Thomas. League One champions Sheffield United made an offer earlier this week, which was accepted by Hartlepool. However, Boro have made a bid to keep Thomas in the north east. (Daily Mail)And here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…?Martin Keown expects Arsenal’s late charge for a top four finish to end in failure Martin Keown says Arsenal should do everything to keep Alexis Sanchez this summer – but has suggested he would be happy to see Mesut Ozil goJuventus and Napoli are best placed to land Liverpool target Mattia De Sciglio in the summer Barcelona have made contact about a move for Southampton midfielder Oriol Romeu, according to reports in SpainTorino director Gianluca Petrachi says Andrea Belotti won’t be joining AC Milan this summer – claiming only a ‘top club’ can tempt the striker awayEverton are interested in AC Milan midfielder Juraj Kucka, but face competition for his signature from Torinolast_img read more

Read more

Legendary Ferndale football head coach Kim Jorgensen announces he will retire in June

first_imgFerndale >> “He’s the perfect example of high school football in America,” St. Bernard’s head coach Matt Tomlin said.“He’s a master of calling the right play at the right time,” added Fortuna head coach Mike Benbow. “He’s a magician. He’s done it his whole career.”The man these venerable football coaches are talking about is none other than Ferndale High School head coach Kim Jorgensen, who announced he will be retiring in June after 25 years at the helm of the Wildcats program.“I’ve enjoyed …last_img

Read more

Central team to soon visit 11 flood-affected States

first_imgAn Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT) under the Home Ministry will soon visit 11 flood-affected States, including Kerala and Assam, to assess the damage. The Ministry has changed rules and from now on, the IMCT will visit the affected areas even before receiving a memorandum from the State concerned. The other States that will be visited by the Central team are Meghalaya, Tripura, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Karnataka.Criticism from KeralaOn Tuesday, Kerala’s Finance Minister Thomas Isaac took to Twitter to criticise the Union Home Ministry of allocating “zero” funds to Kerala. “Home Ministry approves Rs 4,432 crores from National Disaster Response Fund for the flood affected States. Share of Kerala, the worst affected, is zero!” Mr. Isaac said on Twitter.A senior Home Ministry official said the Central team would soon visit other flood-affected States, including Kerala. In the combined rescue operations in the States affected by floods, landslides etc. during the current monsoon season, the NDRF, Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard have rescued and shifted to safer places more than 1,53,000 people.‘Constituted immediately’“The IMCT will henceforth be constituted immediately in the aftermath of any natural calamity of severe nature, which will visit the affected areas in the State so as to have first-hand assessment of damages caused and relief work carried out by the State administration. The IMCT will again visit the State after submission of the memorandum for detailed assessment of the damage and relief operations conducted for making final recommendations for allocation of additional funds,” the Home Ministry said in a statement. At present, the IMCT visits the affected State only once, after the receipt of the memorandum from the State.The Centre has also approved release of over ₹4,432 crore to Odisha, Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh for the damage caused by natural calamities in these States during the last financial year.Assistance approvedIn a statement, the Home Ministry said a high-level committee, headed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah, has approved additional Central assistance of ₹3338.22 crore to Odisha for the damage caused by the cyclone Fani; ₹1029.39 crore to Karnataka for drought; and ₹64.49 crore to Himachal Pradesh for avalanches and hailstorm during 2018-19.The funds will be disbursed from the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF). This additional assistance is over and above the funds released by the Centre in the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) already placed at the disposal of States.During 2018-19, the Central government had released ₹9,658 crore to all States, and during 2019-20, till date, it has released ₹6,104 crore to 24 States from the SDRF, the statement said.The meeting also reviewed the ongoing flood situation in different parts of the country and the logistic support provided by Central agencies, including the deployment of the NDRF and Defence forces.last_img read more

Read more

Sixth month drop in Fuel Factor Rate means lower power bills

first_img FortisTCI reveals Education Week winners Rave Reviews for National Science Fair ideas Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 26 Mar 2015 – The fuel factor rate has dropped again this month; FortisTCI reporting that it is the sixth consecutive month that the rate has shown a decrease. CEO Eddinton Powell agrees that, “the lower fuel factor, as a result of what is happening in the world market, is good for our customers who are seeing much-needed relief on their electricity bills.” A week after the nation learned from the Cabinet that Energy & Utilities Commissioner, Malike Cummings has completed his review of fuel costs in the country, Powell explains that “FortisTCI will continue to explore infrastructure development that would streamline and simplify our fuel supply chain which would reduce, on a long term basis, the cost of electricity to our customers.” During the opening of the Salt Cay power plant, Powell announced that FortisTCI had signed a contract to investigate the viability of its own fuel offloading rig. Related Items:drop, eddinton powell, fortis tci, fuel factor, power bill TCI Police looking for candy & electricity thieveslast_img read more

Read more

Homeless man arrested in slaying of Oceanside man

first_img KUSI Newsroom, October 22, 2018 Posted: October 22, 2018 KUSI Newsroom OCEANSIDE (KUSI) – A homeless man was arrested in connection with the slaying of a retiree two months ago in his Oceanside home, police said Monday.DNA evidence obtained from the scene of 77-year-old John Roth’s slaying in August led homicide detectives to identify 21-year-old Carey Lamont Reid Jr. as the perpetrator, Oceanside Police spokesman Tom Bussey said. Reid is known to be a transient who lives in Oceanside.Officers were called to the 500 block of North Coast Highway on Sunday for a person lying on the ground in a parking lot, Bussey said. Officers arrived, identified the man as Reid and took him into custody.Reid was booked into the Vista Detention Facility on suspicion of first-degree murder, according to jail records. He was being held without bail pending arraignment, scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.The parking lot is located directly behind the residence where Roth was found dead, Bussey said.A back door was found open, but there were no signs of forced entry or a struggle at the couple’s home in the 500 block of North Tremont Street when Roth was found by his wife shortly before 7 a.m. on Aug. 14, Detective Erik Ellgard said.Roth had suffered severe trauma to his upper body, according to police, who have withheld the nature of the fatal wounds.Zui Pang, 41, had last seen her husband alive about 16 hours before she returned home, Ellgard said.Missing from the victim’s home were some of the couple’s possessions, including costume jewelry, a wooden jewelry box, an Asus laptop computer, an LG cellphone and Pang’s wedding ring.Four days later, an acquaintance of the victim found Pang’s stolen purse, photos of the couple and other personal effects of theirs dumped in an alley off North Ditmar Street, a few blocks from their home Homeless man arrested in slaying of Oceanside man Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Read more