43SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr,John Pettit John Pettit is the Managing Editor for CUInsight.com. John manages the content on the site, including current news, editorial, press releases, jobs and events. He keeps the credit union … Web: www.cuinsight.com Details Studies have shown that 20% of people enjoy their jobs, 20% dislike their jobs, and the rest are just kind of “meh” on the subject. If you have a job that you’re passionate about, that is fantastic news. For those of you who are in the other 80%, here are a few ways you can enjoy your job more.Get rid of the negativity: If you want to be a better mood at work, you have to step letting others bring you down. While co-workers aren’t always to blame, when a cloud of negativity is overhead, it’s hard to see the sunshine. Keep this in mind the next time you’re listening to Negative Nancy complain about work.Do some research: If the job has you down, figure out what the root issue is. Is it something you can easily fix? Great. Get to fixing it. Not an easy problem to solve? Decide if there’s hope for change or it you’re going to be able to deal with it. At this point you have to make a decision to either find something else to do or stick it out and hope things get better.Surround yourself with positivity: Regardless of the negatives around you, there must be some positives to your job or else you never would have accepted the position in the first place. Think about the ways in which you help your customers. Every day, you get to help your customers find solutions to problems. They really appreciate what you do for them. Being able to help your fellow man is a great feeling. Try to focus on that every morning when you crawl out of bed.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. has signed a global Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) renewal with Shell Oil Company to provide concept, front-end engineering, detailed design, procurement, project management, construction management and construction services for Shell projects globally.Jacobs said the agreement was in line with Shell’s ongoing efforts to transform the way its projects are delivered by improving capital and financial efficiencies.“We look forward to continuing to work with Shell. This agreement fosters fresh and innovative project delivery solutions to help meet our joint goal of increased capital efficiency and economic results”This is not the first time the two companies have cooperated. The US-based provider of construction services was in November last year awarded a contract from Shell to deliver a front-end engineering and design package and detailed engineering for the Vito host platform topsides in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.