Amid the spread of COVID-19 in Indonesia, the government’s rapid-response task force has received a total of more than Rp 66.5 billion (US$4 million) in cash donated from the public.Government spokesperson for COVID-19-related matters Achmad Yurianto expressed his gratitude toward the public on behalf of the task force.“We are grateful that the community, both as individuals and groups, has donated more than Rp 66.5 billion to date to the COVID-19 task force’s account in order to deal with this problem comprehensively,” Yurianto said at a press conference on Wednesday. At Tuesday’s conference, he also said that donations pooled in the National Disaster Mitigation Agency’s (BNPB) COVID-19 volunteer desk reached Rp 40 billion, adding that the donations would be used responsibly and reports on their use would be posted on the task force’s and agency’s respective websites.Notably, conglomerate company Bakrie Group donated Rp 20 billion to the task force on Monday. On March 23 coal producer PT Adaro Energy also announced that it was donating Rp 20 billion to the BNPB.On March 24, the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) pooled more than Rp 300 billion from its members, with the funds channeled directly to the BNPB, the COVID-19 rapid-response team, the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) and the Health Ministry.Indonesian artists and celebrities collected about Rp 11.5 billion in donations through a virtual concert called #dirumahaja as of Tuesday through the crowdfunding site Kitabisa.com. Media company Narasi, which organized the concert, said that it would distribute the raised money independently, including to charity organizations.In the press conference, Yurianto also said that the country recorded 1,677 cases of COVID-19 as of Wednesday with 157 fatalities and 103 recoveries, affecting 32 out of 34 provinces.He also said that the government had distributed around 475,200 rapid test kits to every provincial health office for early detection and contact tracing, adding that it also had distributed 349,000 pieces of personal protective equipment for medical workers across the country.Topics :
But Maksum Radji, a clinical microbiologist at the University of Indonesia’s (UI) School of Pharmacy, has urged the public to contain their optimism until an official report on the remedies’ efficacy is released.“The result of the clinical trials has yet to be published in any scientific journals, so it’s difficult to assess the efficacy and risks inherent in the use of the three combinations of medicines,” he told The Jakarta Post on Sunday.He added that such combinations of medications were not the first of their kind in the world, nor were they new inventions, citing similar developments in several other countries and pointing out that the three combinations had been included on the list of potential COVID-19 remedies currently undergoing clinical trials initiated by the World Health Organization (WHO), alongside remdesivir and interferon beta.“Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine […] are known to have triggered heart abnormalities in certain patients,” Maksum said.This is not the first time a state institution has claimed to have found a cure for COVID-19. In May, the Agriculture Ministry said it had developed eucalyptus-based coronavirus treatments, including an “antivirus necklace”, before backtracking on the claims last month, following widespread public criticism.Topics : He said three combinations of medications — lopinavir/ritonavir and azithromycin, lopinavir/ritonavir and doxycycline and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin — had already undergone clinical trials. “After we combined [different medicines], the rate of recovery [among test subjects] increased sharply. Certain combinations even reached 98 percent efficacy,” Nasih said.Army chief of staff Gen. Andika Perkasa, who was also at the press conference, said that he would meet with the head of the Food and Drug Monitoring Agency (BPOM) next week to officially request an accelerated approval process for the medications.Read also: Preventing misleading claim of COVID-19 cure Airlangga Universitry rector Muhammad Nasih has touted the potential coronavirus remedies the university is currently developing in collaboration with several state departments as “the first COVID-19 cure” in the world.Nasih said that the ongoing research and development – which is being conducted in partnership with the State Intelligence Agency (BIN) and the Indonesian Army – aimed to produce new, effective combinations of existing medicines to ameliorate the symptoms of COVID-19.“Of course, it will result in a new remedy that is expected to be the first COVID-19 cure in the world,” he told a press conference at the Indonesian Army headquarters in Jakarta on Saturday as quoted by tempo.co.
The number of active offshore rigs in the U.S. remained unchanged at 23 units last week, according to weekly rig count reports released on Friday by Baker Hughes Company.Illustration. Author: SP MacBaker Hughes Rig Count: U.S. unchanged at 790 rigsU.S. Rig Count is unchanged from last week at 790, with oil rigs up 2 to 678, gas rigs down 1 to 110, and miscellaneous rigs down 1 to 2.U.S. Rig Count is down 261 rigs from last year’s count of 1,051, with oil rigs down 179, gas rigs down 84, and miscellaneous rigs up 2 to 2.The U.S. Offshore Rig Count is unchanged at 23 and up 2 rigs year-over-year.Baker Hughes Rig Count: Canada -2 rigs to 255 rigsCanada Rig Count is down 2 rigs from last week to 255, with oil rigs up 5 to 172 and gas rigs down 7 to 83.Canada Rig Count is up 31 rigs from last year’s count of 224, with oil rigs up 20 and gas rigs up 11.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product, or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.
February 2, 2018 Police Blotter020218 Decatur County Jail Report020218 Decatur County Fire Report020218 Decatur County EMS Report020218 Decatur County Law Report020218 Batesville police Blotter
Another game, another win as Varsity beats New Castle 4-1. Hannah Surber with 2 goals. Grace Noble drove to the goal and drew a foul. Hanna Surber took the PK giving her a hat trick on the night. Jordan Nichols finished the night with the final goal. Assists by Abby Lucas and Brylee Pace.Team total shots: 16 with 10 on goal by Jessica Parker, Kylee Gibson, Jaime Stortz, Jordan Nichols, Abby Lucas, Grace Noble joining in on the attack.Excellent defending by Kylee Gibson, Paige Hall, McKenna Metze, Laura Edwards, Jaime Stortz, Claudia Mauntel, Sara Weaver, Adrienne Bundy, Ashley Mauntel, Morgan Stewart. They only allowed 5 shots on goal.Shelby Pearson rock solid in the back with another 4 saves on the night.Both teams played so well so they have been given Wednesday off from practice. First.Time.Ever.Courtesy of Wildcats Coach Cindy Adams.
“Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement with FC GelsenkirchenSchalke 04 e.V. for the temporary acquisition, until 30 June 2021, of the registration rights of the player Weston McKennie has been finalized for a consideration of € 4,5 million,” read the statement. “The agreement further entails: Promoted ContentCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Did You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?Best Car Manufacturers In The WorldEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeHow Good The CGI Effects In Those Movies Were!7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better6 Unforgettable Shows From The 90s That Need To Make A ComebackWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?The Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonMeet The World’s Most Striking Animals Here “The obligation for Juventus to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights, subject to the achievement of certain given sportive objectives by the end of the 2020/2021 season; “The right for Juventus to definitively acquire the player’s registration rights in case these given objectives are not achieved. “In both cases, the agreed consideration for the definitive acquisition is € 18,5 million, payable in three years, which might be increased up to a maximum of € 7 million upon achievement of further sporting performance objectives over the duration of the employment contract with the player.” Read Also: Arsenal in Community Shield victorious outing pictures The midfielder had his Juve medical on his 22nd birthday, which was on Friday, and signed the contract this evening. Born in Texas and largely raised on a military base in Germany, McKennie left the Dallas Academy for Schalke in 2016 and was promoted to the senior squad in 2017. He made 75 Bundesliga appearances, contributing four goals and four assists. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Weston McKennie has officially completed his move to Juventus, on loan for €4.5m with option to buy for €18m from Schalke 04, becoming the first American in the Bianconeri jersey. There could also be a further €7m in performance-related bonuses to add on, so the transfer could eventually be worth €30m ($35m). According to Sky Sport Italia, the option to buy will become an obligation if McKennie plays 60 per cent of the competitive games in the 2020-21 season. Loading…
Hobert H. Denney Jr., 54 of Greensburg, passed away on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at the Decatur County Memorial Hospital. Hobert was born on March 2, 1966 in Bedford, the son of Hobert and Nancy (Warf) Denney. He was a 1984 graduate of Columbus North High School. He married Cheryl (Sexton) Denney on May 14, 1988 in Columbus and she preceded him in death on May 25, 1994. Survivors include his children – Christopher Denney of South Bend, Holly Denney of Rushville, Rachel Sexton of Rushville and Bradley Sexton of Greensburg and one grandson Michael Eberlein. He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife and his sister Carolyn Oliphant. Hobert was a retired Army Veteran, serving his country for more than 18 years. He enjoyed going to car shows and looking at the old vehicles, watching the Kentucky Wildcats and spending time with his family and friends. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 from 11AM – 1PM at the Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home. Committal Service and Burial will follow at the Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Madison. Memorial contributions may be made to the donor’s choice of Military or Veteran Organization. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.gilliland-howe.com.
RelatedPosts Djokovic clinches fifth Italian Open title Djokovic zooms to 10th Italian Open final Live stream Premier League, La Liga, Serie A on Showmax Pro this weekend Defending champion Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the US Open citing concerns over coronavirus.The four-time winner at Flushing Meadows does not want to travel to the United States for the event, which begins on August 31, while COVID-19 cases are on the rise. A spike in coronavirus in Nadal’s Spain homeland has already led to the cancellation of the Madrid Open.“After many thoughts I have decided not to play this year’s US Open,” he wrote on Instagram.“The situation is very complicated worldwide, the COVID-19 cases are increasing, it looks like we still don’t have control of it.“This is a decision I never wanted to take but I have decided to follow my heart this time and for the time being I rather not travel.”Nadal said the revamped schedule was “barbaric” in terms of compressing events into a short space of time but he appreciated tournament organisers across the world were doing their best. “We know that the reduced tennis calendar is barbaric this year after four months stopped with no play, I understand and thank for the efforts they are putting in to make it happen,” he added.“We have just seen the announcement of Madrid not being played this year. All my respects to the USTA, the US Open organisers and the ATP for trying to put the event together for the players and the fans around the world through TV.”—Tags: Flushing MeadowsRafael NadalUnited StatesUS Open
Stirling thumped four fours and two sixes in his 52 off 36 balls, while fellow opener and captain Will Porterfield contributed 33 as Ireland posted a total of 166 for five after being put into bat. That proved too high for Namibia and despite Raymond van Schoor’s unbeaten 48, they could only muster 134 for seven at Sheikh Zayed Stadium. An impressive half-century from Paul Stirling helped Ireland make a winning start to their World Twenty20 qualifying campaign as they overcame Namibia by 34 runs in Abu Dhabi. Press Association Alex Cusack was the pick of Ireland’s bowlers with two for 22, while there were also wickets for Tim Murtagh, Kevin O’Brien and Max Sorensen. Ireland, who won this qualifying tournament in 2012, are among the favourites to book their place in next year’s World Twenty20 in Bangladesh, with six countries still to qualify for the expanded 16-team tournament.
Having failed to profit from a prolonged spell of pressure, Castres needed the lightning quick pace of Garvey to foil an excellent counter from Rob Kearney who had gobbled up a cross-field kick in defence and broken free along the left touchline. In the 57th minute, a Madigan wraparound move sent Richardt Strauss through a gap in midfield and his well-timed offload sent fellow replacement Furlong over for try number five which Madigan converted. Luck was not on Castres’ side again when Remi Tales’ forward pass ruled out a Benjamin Desroche effort, and Leinster pushed further clear when replacement winger Fanning took a hard line to collect a McGrath pass and raid in from outside the 22. Winger Martial hacked on a loose Gordon D’Arcy pass to claim Castres’ lone try, however Leinster added a final gloss ahead of next week’s round six trip to Wasps as youngster McGrath finished smartly from a close-in scrum. They added to their 31-3 interval lead with a maiden European try for replacement prop Tadhg Furlong and Darragh Fanning came off the bench to bag his third in this season’s tournament. Castres’ only consolation was an unconverted try from Romain Martial, before Luke McGrath made it seven tries on the night for Leinster, whose qualification battle with Harlequins and Wasps is likely to go right down to the wire next week. An early scrum won against the head signalled Leinster’s intent and from a lineout won by man-of-the-match Devin Toner, the home backs were unleashed as Ian Madigan’s inside pass put winger Kearney roaring over to the right of the posts. Madigan converted and the high tempo continued as the hosts pressed for a second try, turning down a kickable penalty and getting their tricky outside backs on the ball. However, Castres were rewarded for some doughty defending when they won a scrum penalty and scrum-half Rory Kockott took the three points on offer. Richie Gray infringed as Madigan immediately responded off the kicking tee and with the penalties piling up, a cynical offside from Diarra produced a yellow card. Leinster pounced from the resulting lineout, mauling through for prop Moore to score his first European try and Madigan converted for 17-3. After Marcel Garvey was inches away from dotting down for 14-man Castres, the Leinster forwards laid the platform once more with Jordi Murphy’s offload releasing Reddan for a sharp close-range finish. Even better followed in the 39th minute when Fergus McFadden and Jamie Heaslip were to the fore during a sparkling spell of offloading and hooker Cronin cruised through a gap for the bonus point score. Madigan added both conversions for a 28-point interval advantage. Leinster remain on course to qualify from European Champions Cup Pool Two following a 50-8 bonus point thrashing of Castres at the RDS. Matt O’Connor’s men had chalked up four tries by half-time, with Dave Kearney’s second-minute opener followed by further converted efforts from Martin Moore, Eoin Reddan and Sean Cronin. Moore and Reddan scored their tries while Castres flanker Ibrahim Diarra was in the sin-bin, as the Irish province threw off the shackles having only scored four tries in the previous four rounds. Press Association