Following two months of preliminary round action in the urban area ISSA netball competition, defending junior and senior champions, The Queen’s School, are on course to retain both titles when second round action gets underway tomorrow at the Leila Robinson Courts. A year ago, the Marvette Anderson-coached school dominated their urban counterparts and were unbeaten. The junior team went on to win the all-island title by defeating Denbigh High, while the senior team missed out in their all-island clash against Holmwood Technical. The juniors will have their hands full this time around, as they only qualified to the second round as runners-up. Competing in Group F, they were beaten by a well improved Gaynstead High team, which went on to top the group. The winners and runners-up in each group booked their second round berths and the remaining junior teams qualifying are: Group A: Holy Childhood (first), Excelsior (second); Group B – Campion College (first), Ardenne (second); Group C – St Hugh’s (first), Alpha (second); Group D – Camperdown (first), Norman Manley (second); Group E – Meadowbrook (first), Tarrant (second). Both Queen’s and last year’s beaten finalists, St Hugh’s, were very impressive in preliminary senior action and topped their groups going into the next stage. The defending champions were unbeaten to win Group F and will be joined by Gaynstead, whose only defeat came at the hands of the champions. St Hugh’s, with national senior player Kadian Dehaney in their line-up, also looked good in topping Group C and will be accompanied by St Andrew Technical High School (STATHS). Other qualifiers are: Group A – Holy Childhood (first), Excelsior (second); Group B – St Catherine High (first), Campion (second); Group D – Camperdown (first), Norman Manley (second); Group E – Tarrant (first), Meadowbrook (second).
165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “He made no report to the bus driver,” said Frontier High School Principal Gabe Moorman. Officials asked him whether OK., and he did not respond. They said he was reluctant to talk about the shooting. Paramedics arrived at the school around 7:50 a.m. and airlifted the boy to Los Angeles County – USC Medical Center in unknown condition. Sheriff’s Pico Rivera station Sgt. Della Walls said they received a call that shots had been fired at the bus stop. “We responded there, and there was nothing,” said Walls. Sheriff’s gang detectives are currently investigating the shooting. No arrests were made Wednesday morning. WEST WHITTIER – A 16-year-old boy allegedly took the bus to school after he was shot at the bus stop Wednesday morning. School officials said the boy was shot in the back with a shotgun at a bus stop on the corner of Norwalk Boulevard and Mines Avenue around 7:30 a.m. A neighbor heard the gunshot and called Frontier High School security officials. School officials said a boy had been shot, boarded the bus, and was going to the school. The boy, whom police did not identify because he is a minor, got off the bus at the school and was met by security guards.
The Fort St. John RCMP is asking for the public’s assistance in locating a local woman.Diane Donofrio has not had contact with her family since August 21st, and they are concerned. She left of her own accord and could be visiting an unidentified friend in St. Albert, Alberta.She was last seen driving grey 2001 Ford Freestyle with licence plate number AX507J.- Advertisement -The Donofrio family wants to confirm that Diane is safe.Diane Donofrio is 55 years old.If you have any information regarding Diane please contact the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100.Advertisement
0Shares0000Bayern Munich have now won the German league 28 times in their illustrious history© AFP Christof STACHEBERLIN, Germany, Apr 7 – Bayern Munich were crowned Bundesliga champions for the sixth consecutive season on Saturday as James Rodriguez helped turn the game in their 4-1 comeback victory at Augsburg.The result mean Bayern are German league champions for the 28th time in their history, and it was the sixth year in a row they have won the Bundesliga since their treble-winning season in 2013. Augsburg took a shock lead through an own goal by Niklas Suele, but the Bavarians roared back as Corentin Tolisso, James — who then assisted Arjen Robben — and Sandro Wagner all scored.The result leaves Bayern 20 points clear with five league games left and underlined their absolute dominance of the Bundesliga.With one eye on Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final second leg against Sevilla, in which Munich hold a slender 2-1 lead, coach Jupp Heynckes gambled by resting his stars.Top scorer Robert Lewandowski, plus Thomas Mueller, Thiago Alcantara, Mats Hummels and Javi Martinez all started on the bench.Sevilla would have encouraged by the comedy of errors in Bayern’s defence that led to Augsburg’s goal.Jerome Boateng lingered over a back pass and Colombian forward Sergio Cordova robbed him of possession, sending Boateng tumbling to the turf, clutching his hamstring.Cordova’s shot was blocked by Bayern goalkeeper Sven Ulreich, but the ball ricocheted into Suele’s face and into Bayern’s goal to stun the visitors on 18 minutes.However, Munich were 2-1 up by the time half-time came when Joshua Kimmich’s cross picked out Tolisso unmarked in the area to header Bayern level on 32 minutes.Bayern then laid on a top-class goal to take the lead at Augsburg’s WWK Arena.Kimmich was again involved, firing a pass across goal after combining with Robben for Juan Bernat, who backheeled the ball which James fired home seven minutes before the break.– Cameo for Ribery –The Colombian then ensured the title was heading to Munich for their third.He hooked the ball back into play at the far post for Robben to drill his shot inside the near post on 62 minutes.Ribery celebrated his 35th birthday with a cameo appearance for the final eight minutes before Wagner headed home Bayern’s late fourth.The Bavarian giants will formally lift the Bundesliga shield after the final day on May 12.Elsewhere, second-from-bottom Cologne suffered a blow to their survival hopes as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Mainz.An early goal by Cologne’s Germany defender Jonas Hector was cancelled out as Pablo De Blasis headed an equaliser for Mainz five minutes into the second half.With five games left, Cologne are six points behind Mainz, who are 16th, which carries a relegation play-off berth against the third-best team in the second tier at the end of the season.Wolfsburg, who are just above the bottom three, won 2-0 at Freiburg in a match featuring two sides just above the bottom three and fighting to stay up.With just two minutes gone at the Schwarzwald Stadion, Wolves striker Daniel Didavi held off his marker and fired past despairing Freiburg goalkeeper Alexander Schwolow. He added a second with seven minutes remaining.Thorgan Hazard came off the bench to score twice as Borussia Moenchengladbach climbed to eighth with a 2-1 win at home to Hertha Berlin.Salomon Kalou gave Hertha an early lead, but Hazard come off the bench to score on 75 minutes, then net a late penalty.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
A MONAGHAN man was arrested twice on the same day after a fracas at a local hotel.Letterkenny District Court heard how Gerard Duffy was first arrested over the rally weekend at the Clanree Hotel.It followed a complaint from another guest staying there that 25-year-old Duffy, from Culville, Castleblaney, had broken a picture frame and left it outside her room door. Inspector Goretti Sheridan said Duffy was arrested at the hotel for criminal damage.He was later released on bail and several hours later gardaí were called back to the Clanree Hotel as Duffy had become aggressive with members of staff.The court heard Duffy was deeply remorseful for his actions.Duffy was ordered to pay €500 to Pieta House Donegal charity.MONAGHAN RALLY FAN ARRESTED TWICE ON SAME DAY AT LOCAL HOTEL was last modified: July 6th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Gerard DuffyMonaghanRALLY WEEKEND
— … Stephen Curry hit “bombs” with Phil Mickelson, mingled with some adoring fans and had an emotional meeting with a PGA Tour player on a busy but memorable day at the Safeway Open Pro-Am Wednesday.He even found time to swish a long-distance shot on a makeshift basketball hoop at Napa’s Silverado Resort. (So we can probably consider him ready for the start of Warriors training camp next week).Always gotta get a little hoops in 😏🏌🏀 @StephenCurry30 pic.twitter.com/fcI8p1eVdO
From midnight tonight, SriLankan Airlines will become the first carrier from the Indian subcontinent to join any of the global airline alliances when it joins oneworld.The addition of SriLankan to the alliance brings three additional destinations to the alliance network being Hambantota, Tiruchirapalli and Colombo. AirlineRatings safety rating for SriLankan AirlinesThe flag carrier of Sri Lanka will be flying alongside some of the world’s leading carriers including • Asia-Pacific’s Cathay Pacific Airways, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines and Australia’s Qantas.• From Europe, airberlin, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Russia’s S7 Airlines.• In the Middle East, Qatar Airways – the only one of the Big Three Gulf carriers to be part of any alliance – and Royal Jordanian.• In North America, American Airlines and its US Airways merger partner.• In South America LAN Airlines and its partner in LATAM Airlines Group, TAM Airlines. SriLankan’s first flight as part of oneworld will be UL318 departing from Colombo to the Kuala Lumpur hub of oneworld partner Malaysia Airlines at 7.45 am tomorrow (1 May).SriLankan’s induction into oneworld marks the completion of the alliance’s biggest expansion programme since its launch 15 years ago
Related Posts Tags:#Cartoons#web rob cottingham 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout 4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App Rob Cottingham is cartoon-blogging the Real-Time Web Summit – keep checking back for updates! 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People…
Human rights activist and Bandhua Mukti Morcha president Swami Agnivesh joined a massive protest here on Monday against the Alwar lynching.The protesters demanded the arrest of the cow vigilantes named in the criminal case registered in connection with the lynching of dairy farmer Pehlu Khan at Behror in Alwar district.The Communist Party of India (Marxist) also extended support to the dharna and party leaders Vasudev and Ravindra Shukla joined the civil rights groups in their demand for compensation of ₹1 crore to the next of kin of Mr. Khan and suspension of police officers for “failing to show due diligence.” Mr. Khan’s family members from Nuh in Haryana also joined the demonstration at Shaheed Smarak near the Jaipur Police Commissioner’s office here. Mr. Khan’s uncle Hussain Khan said an atmosphere of terror had been unleashed in the entire Mewat region and the people were wondering if they would be allowed to live in peace.
Serena Williams of the U.S. reacts after missing a shot against Vitalia Diatchenko of Russia during their first round match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, Monday, May 27, 2019. (AP Photo/Pavel Golovkin)Serena Williams backed her sponsor Nike on Monday after controversy over the sporting goods giant’s maternity policy, saying that “it’s about learning from mistakes”.The 23-time Grand Slam champion has been the face of a Nike advertising campaign telling women to “dream crazier”.ADVERTISEMENT Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss The 33-year-old Felix had spoken out after US team-mates Alysia Montano and Kara Goucher leveled similar allegations against Nike as part of an investigation by the Times.“They told stories we athletes know are true, but have been too scared to tell publicly: If we have children, we risk pay cuts from our sponsors during pregnancy and afterward,” wrote Felix, who gave birth to a baby girl in December.The New York Times reported that Williams’ contract had been kept intact when she was pregnant with her daughter Alexis Olympia, while other women saw their pay cut in similar situations.But the 37-year-old Williams said that it was understandable it took Nike time to embrace change.“I feel like as time goes on, as technology changes and as, you know, the world changes, people realize that we have to change our policies,” she said.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting MOST READ View comments The company has reportedly said it will change its policy of cutting female athletes’ pay during and after pregnancy, after being widely criticized, including by American track and field star Allyson Felix.“I’m glad that statement was made, and I know that herefore and going forward, they’re doing better,” Williams said after her French Open first-round win over Russian Vitalia Diatchenko in Paris.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“That’s what it’s about. It’s about learning from mistakes and doing better.”According to the New York Times, Nike plans to waive performance-pay reductions for 12 months for athletes who decide to have a baby. PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war LATEST STORIES Mighty Sports assembles best possible team for Jones Cup, taps Rajko Toroman as deputy “And I think that Nike wanted to do that, and they started doing that. And so I think they made a really bold statement by doing that with me, and I think they’re going to — I know, actually, that they’re going to continue to make that statement.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew