Building Materials Company Sues Mary Broh for US$15K Debt

first_imgThe controversial General Services (GSA) Director, Mary T. Broh, is in trouble again. This time, her ordeal came about after several failed arrangements to have the agency settle arrears it allegedly owed the Fawh Building and General Goods Incorporated, in the amount of US$15,205.The money is allegedly due the company for building materials it supplied the GSA. For that reason, the company this month filed a lawsuit against Madam Broh at the Commercial Court to force her to pay the debt.In the suit, the company alleged that Director Broh allegedly wrote the management on October 9, 2013, requesting it to supply on credit building materials that were needed for the preparation of a high level conference in Zwedru City, Grand Gedeh County.The court documents further alleged that based upon the agency’s statutory mandate to purchase and procure materials for the construction on behalf of the government, they wasted no time to supply the needed items.The records also claimed that because of Director Broh’s commitment and integrity after she expressed her entity’s preparedness to repay the debt, the company had no fear supplying the building materials to the GSA.Court documents also claimed that Director Broh in her letter asking for the materials requested Fawh’s management to attach the list of items, submit them with an invoice and deliver the order so as to facilitate subsequent payment. The lawsuit alleged further that they adequately complied with the instruction.They claimed that since the request for credit was made through Director Broh’s letter, they have for the past four years been engaged in reminding her about her obligation to the amount of US$15,205, which she is yet to pay.“Broh has neglected and refused to respond to the company’s numerous calls reminding her to settle her obligation,” the documents alleged.At times, the court records claimed, Broh would call and make promises of payment, which she has never lived up to, up to the time of filing the suit.“The four years of deliberate refusal by Madam Broh to settle her agency’s obligation and a letter dated February 22 reminding her of the debt and her commitment,” the company explained in the lawsuit, “and after all attempts had failed including sending SMS messages, we resolved to bring the lawsuit against Madam Broh to recover our money.” Madam Broh and the GSA are yet to respond to the lawsuit.First LawsuitIn 2015, the GSA director, who led a Presidential taskforce “to give the city of Monrovia a facelift”, was taken to the Supreme Court for ‘illegally’ destroying some properties in Monrovia during a cleanup campaign late last year.Madam Broh and others were sued by some aggrieved citizens whose properties were destroyed in Monrovia and its environs by the Taskforce.Human rights lawyer Dempster Brown instituted the lawsuit on behalf of the aggrieved citizens.In a petition filed at the Supreme Court on December 1, 2015, by the petitioners’ legal counsel, the aggrieved citizens alleged that their properties, including structures, were destroyed without due process by Madam Broh and her team.They also said their properties were destroyed because, according to Madam Broh, the citizens violated the zoning law and the city ordinance by building in alleyways.But they argued that Madam Broh should have instituted legal actions against them if they violated the zoning laws and city ordinances, instead of breaking their respective structures.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read more

Boy arrives at school with gunshot wound

first_img165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “He made no report to the bus driver,” said Frontier High School Principal Gabe Moorman. Officials asked him whether OK., and he did not respond. They said he was reluctant to talk about the shooting. Paramedics arrived at the school around 7:50 a.m. and airlifted the boy to Los Angeles County – USC Medical Center in unknown condition. Sheriff’s Pico Rivera station Sgt. Della Walls said they received a call that shots had been fired at the bus stop. “We responded there, and there was nothing,” said Walls. Sheriff’s gang detectives are currently investigating the shooting. No arrests were made Wednesday morning. WEST WHITTIER – A 16-year-old boy allegedly took the bus to school after he was shot at the bus stop Wednesday morning. School officials said the boy was shot in the back with a shotgun at a bus stop on the corner of Norwalk Boulevard and Mines Avenue around 7:30 a.m. A neighbor heard the gunshot and called Frontier High School security officials. School officials said a boy had been shot, boarded the bus, and was going to the school. The boy, whom police did not identify because he is a minor, got off the bus at the school and was met by security guards. last_img read more

Read more