The North West Breast Cancer Charity Ball is going to be an extra-exciting event this winter as the committee celebrates 10 years of fundraising.One of the highlights of the local social calendar, the ball brings hundreds together for a fun night of entertainment and charity.Friday November 29th is the date for your diary this year. The event is set to be a glittering gathering at the Silver Tassie Hotel, with guests dancing the night away to the music of The Bentley Boys. The evening will commence with a drinks reception at 7.15pm after which a four-course dinner with wine will be served. The committee are delighted to have Noel Cunningham join them once again as Master of Ceremonies for the evening. An exciting auction and raffle is promised thanks to generous sponsorship from the business community in Donegal and further afield. Tickets for the event cost €50 and can be purchased directly from the venue only. Staff at the Silver Tassie Hotel are in a position to take credit card payments over the phone or you can call to the reception desk in person to buy your tickets. Last year’s ball was a sell-out event so the committee are asking all loyal supporters to not miss out on securing a ticket by making contact as soon as possible!All monies raised are used to fund research being carried out at Breast Centre North West and to support important aspects of community care including an outreach programme for those recovering from breast cancer. The Breast Cancer Charity Ball has gone from strength to strength since the first in 2009. It would make a fantastic Christmas night out for any business or social group. The ball has charitable status: charity number is 20015305/7258. Those hoping to snap up tickets for this year’s ball will be pleased to hear that the Silver Tassie Hotel is offering a very attractive rate of €40 pps for bed and breakfast on the night… early booking advised! Be part of this glamorous and exciting community event…be part of supporting Breast Centre North West! You can follow the event page on www.facebook.com/NorthWestBreastCancerCharityBall. North West Breast Cancer Charity Ball celebrating 10 years of fundraising was last modified: September 23rd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:North West Breast Cancer Charity Ball
Human rights activist and Bandhua Mukti Morcha president Swami Agnivesh joined a massive protest here on Monday against the Alwar lynching.The protesters demanded the arrest of the cow vigilantes named in the criminal case registered in connection with the lynching of dairy farmer Pehlu Khan at Behror in Alwar district.The Communist Party of India (Marxist) also extended support to the dharna and party leaders Vasudev and Ravindra Shukla joined the civil rights groups in their demand for compensation of ₹1 crore to the next of kin of Mr. Khan and suspension of police officers for “failing to show due diligence.” Mr. Khan’s family members from Nuh in Haryana also joined the demonstration at Shaheed Smarak near the Jaipur Police Commissioner’s office here. Mr. Khan’s uncle Hussain Khan said an atmosphere of terror had been unleashed in the entire Mewat region and the people were wondering if they would be allowed to live in peace.
Mumbai, Jul 11 (PTI) Sports management company ITW Consulting today said it has bagged the title and in-stadia advertising rights of India tour of Sri Lanka from broadcaster Sony Pictures Networks India.”Viewers are looking forward to the series as this is the Indian cricket teams first full tour (Tests,ODIs anda T20) of Sri Lanka in three years. In addition to this, advertisers are also aware of the visibility that is ensured through the duration of the tournament, giving brands a wider reach,” Rajesh Kaul, President, Distribution and Sports Business, Sony Pictures Networks India said in a statement.The Virat Kohli-led team will play three Test matches, five One-day internationals and a T20 match in Sri Lanka, starting from July 26 till September 6.”We will shortly be making the title sponsor announcement for the India series along with the central on-ground partners of the series,” ITW Consulting co-founder Bhairav Shanth said. PTI DS NRB
Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar Friday said he would “hate” to see India concede two points to Pakistan by not playing them in the upcoming World Cup as such a move would only help the arch-rivals in the mega-event.Tendulkar endorsed Sunil Gavaskar’s view that India would be better off beating Pakistan in the World Cup than forfeiting the June 16 tie in the wake of the Pulwama terror attack that killed more than 40 CRPF personnel.”India has always come up trumps against Pakistan in the World Cup. Time to beat them once again. Would personally hate to give them two points and help them in the tournament,” said Tendulkar in a statement to PTI.”Having said that, for me India always comes first, so whatever my country decides, I will back that decision with all my heart,” the legendary batsman added.pic.twitter.com/H1z68cLygsSachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) February 22, 2019While the likes of Harbhajan Singh and Yuzvendra Chahal have called for complete cricketing boycott of Pakistan, Gavaskar on Thursday said India will be the loser if they decide to not play against Pakistan on June 16.”Who wins if India decide against playing Pakistan in the World Cup? And I am not even talking about the semis and the finals. Who wins? Pakistan win because they get two points,” Gavaskar had told ‘India Today’.”India have so far beaten Pakistan every time in a World Cup, so we are actually conceding two points when by beating Pakistan, we could make sure that they don’t advance in the competition,” he had said.advertisementThe World Cup begins in the United Kingdom on May 30.On Friday, the Committee of Administrators running Indian cricket decided against taking any position on the matter for now.Also Read | ICC warns BCCI: India likely to lose proposal to ban Pakistan from World CupAlso Read | No decision on India-Pakistan World Cup clash yet: Committee of AdministratorsAlso Read | BCCI likely to consult Team India top brass over Pakistan boycott at ICC World Cup
Minister of Finance and the Public Service, Hon. Audley Shaw, says he will be recommending the institution of a policy that will encourage self-financing public bodies to establish scholarship funds for the nation’s students.“If every self-financing public body were to take on this project, it would be a great addition to the educational plant in Jamaica,” he contended.Minister Shaw was speaking at the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission’s (BGLC’s) Education Fund Meet and Greet at the Commission’s office in Kingston on August 30.The BGLC is offering financial assistance in the amount of $9.5 million to cover the expenses of more than 180 students attending tertiary institutions for the academic year 2017/ 2018.The sum is the largest since the BGLC started its scholarship awards programme in 2013.The Minister commended the BGLC, and encouraged private-sector companies to follow the example of the entity.He also urged the students to make maximum use of the opportunity given to them.Executive Director of the BGLC, Vitus Evans, indicated that in addition to the scholarships, the Commission provides grants to children of employees.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force are seeking information about incidents reported between Tuesday of this week and yesterday where a large sum of cash and electronics were stolen. The police in continuing its investigations into crimes committee has laid four charges against a 17-year old male of Kew Town on Providenciales namely Malicious Damage to Property, Using an Offensive Weapon to cause fear, Assault on a Police Officer and Resisting arrest. The charges are related to an incident which took place between October 30 and November 15, 2013. The 17-year old was offered bail and was set to appear before the Magistrate’s court.And more from the Police… with the festive season fast approaching, officers say and there is a trend for increased robberies and criminal events during this time. The Police Force is suggesting measures be taken by businesses and individuals to safe guard themselves. Some of which are: Stay calm and don’t attempt to be heroic if approached; never assume a firearm is fake or a toy; follow the instructions of the offender; make observations of the assailant and following the incident one should immediately call 911. Related Items:
FortisTCI reveals Education Week winners Rave Reviews for National Science Fair ideas Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 26 Mar 2015 – The fuel factor rate has dropped again this month; FortisTCI reporting that it is the sixth consecutive month that the rate has shown a decrease. CEO Eddinton Powell agrees that, “the lower fuel factor, as a result of what is happening in the world market, is good for our customers who are seeing much-needed relief on their electricity bills.” A week after the nation learned from the Cabinet that Energy & Utilities Commissioner, Malike Cummings has completed his review of fuel costs in the country, Powell explains that “FortisTCI will continue to explore infrastructure development that would streamline and simplify our fuel supply chain which would reduce, on a long term basis, the cost of electricity to our customers.” During the opening of the Salt Cay power plant, Powell announced that FortisTCI had signed a contract to investigate the viability of its own fuel offloading rig. Related Items:drop, eddinton powell, fortis tci, fuel factor, power bill TCI Police looking for candy & electricity thieves
KUSI Newsroom, October 22, 2018 Posted: October 22, 2018 KUSI Newsroom OCEANSIDE (KUSI) – A homeless man was arrested in connection with the slaying of a retiree two months ago in his Oceanside home, police said Monday.DNA evidence obtained from the scene of 77-year-old John Roth’s slaying in August led homicide detectives to identify 21-year-old Carey Lamont Reid Jr. as the perpetrator, Oceanside Police spokesman Tom Bussey said. Reid is known to be a transient who lives in Oceanside.Officers were called to the 500 block of North Coast Highway on Sunday for a person lying on the ground in a parking lot, Bussey said. Officers arrived, identified the man as Reid and took him into custody.Reid was booked into the Vista Detention Facility on suspicion of first-degree murder, according to jail records. He was being held without bail pending arraignment, scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.The parking lot is located directly behind the residence where Roth was found dead, Bussey said.A back door was found open, but there were no signs of forced entry or a struggle at the couple’s home in the 500 block of North Tremont Street when Roth was found by his wife shortly before 7 a.m. on Aug. 14, Detective Erik Ellgard said.Roth had suffered severe trauma to his upper body, according to police, who have withheld the nature of the fatal wounds.Zui Pang, 41, had last seen her husband alive about 16 hours before she returned home, Ellgard said.Missing from the victim’s home were some of the couple’s possessions, including costume jewelry, a wooden jewelry box, an Asus laptop computer, an LG cellphone and Pang’s wedding ring.Four days later, an acquaintance of the victim found Pang’s stolen purse, photos of the couple and other personal effects of theirs dumped in an alley off North Ditmar Street, a few blocks from their home Homeless man arrested in slaying of Oceanside man Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
WILMINGTON, MA — Care Dimensions joined with the National Association of Social Workers to celebrate National Social Work Month in March.Among those recognized was Wilmington resident and Care Dimensions social worker Jennifer Baima.“Working within an interdisciplinary team, our social workers provide assistance to patients and families as they grapple with the emotional and practical issues that invariably arise from living with an advanced illness,” said Sandra Yudilevich Espinoza, director of Psycho-Social Support Services for the nonprofit organization.All of the social workers at Care Dimensions have earned a master’s degree in social work and have achieved one or two levels of licensure: LCSW or LICSW. And over half of these social workers have earned an advanced certification in hospice and palliative care through the NASW. The major goals of these hospice and palliative care social workers include encouraging expression of feelings, enhancing family communication, supporting the family in their coping, connecting families with community resources and education, and being a supportive presence to the patient and family throughout the journey at end of life.Care Dimensions is largest hospice provider to adults and children with advanced illness in Massachusetts. As a nonprofit, community-based leader in advanced illness care, Care Dimensions provides comprehensive hospice, palliative care, grief support and teaching programs in more than 90 communities in Eastern Massachusetts. Founded in 1978 as Hospice of the North Shore, Care Dimensions cares for patients — in their homes, in long-term care and assisted living communities, in hospitals, at its Kaplan Family Hospice House and, coming in the winter of 2017, at its new Greater Boston Hospice House in MetroWest.(NOTE: The above press release is from Care Dimensions.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington Social Worker Jennifer Baima Recognized By Care DimensionsIn “Business”Wilmington Nurse Tracy Boynton Honored By Care DimensionsIn “Business”Wilmington’s Goodhue Recognized By Child Life Council & Care DimensionsIn “Business”
Ashwin’s picture was shredded by James Anderson.Ravichandran Ashwin Instagram Shikhar Dhawan performed a few bizarre moves as a response to Ravichandran Ashwin’s ‘Mankading’ warning when Delhi Capitals took on Kings XI Punjab in an Indian Premier League clash on Saturday, April 20. The match at Feroz Shah Kotla featured the teams ranked three and four on the points table, thus the stakes were pretty high. Punjab batted first and scored 163 in their 20 overs and in response, Delhi made a solid start to reach 108 runs for the loss of the solitary wicket of young Prithvi Shaw in the 13th over. After two balls of the over had been bowled, Delhi Capitals skipper Shreyas Iyer was on strike and Ashwin was the bowler. The skipper of KXIP, instead of delivering the ball, stopped his run-up immediately as reached the popping crease, gave a glance at an advancing Dhawan at the non-striker’s end and went back to the start of his mark to bowl the next delivery. This was the second non-verbal warning of the match for Dhawan as he had earlier wandered well outside his crease in the 12th over. On that occasion, Murugan Ashwin warned the Delhi batsman. Ashwin gave a Mankad warning to Dhawan.Hotstar ScreengrabDhawan, not one to back away from a challenge, proceeded to do a stretch after planting his bat inside the crease as Ashwin returned to his bowling mark. But what took the cake and got a massive applause was when the Delhi batsman pulled out some of his nightclub moves. As Ashwin was delivering the third ball of the over, Dhawan — with bat inside the crease at the non-striker’s end — gyrated his hips and shook his entire body with eyes fixed on the bowler. “That was great to watch, the crowd also joining in. They are watching all this — fun games,” said Sanjay Manjrekar on commentary as fellow commentator Lisa Sthalekar could be heard laughing hysterically in the background. “This is a nice little byplay between the two. But you can sense that this is a crucial moment [in the match]. Yeah, he [Dhawan’s] not going to make the mistake [of leaving his crease] again,” said Sthalekar. “He’s done a twist from the ’60s,” concluded Manjrekar as replays of Dhawan’s odd, yet adorable, dance moves were shown in the replays. Dhawan played a handy knock of 56 in the match as he helped Delhi chase down the score with two balls to spare. The India international was dismissed by Hardus Viljoen and incidentally, it was Ashwin who took a fantastic catch, running to his left. After Dhawan’s dismissal, it was skipper Shreyas Iyer who took charge and saw his side home courtesy a man of the match performance. With that victory, Delhi moved to 12 points from 10 games and consolidated their third-place position on the points table. The capital franchise will face Rajasthan Royals in their next game at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur on April 22.