Charlotte Morritt-Jacobs APTN National NewsTwo years ago, Statistics Canada reported that the Northwest Territories had the highest number of people in the country who reported heavy drinking.Fast forward to today, a national study is suggesting the Territory also has the highest rates of alcohol-related hospital visits.More hospital beds are being taken up by patients dealing with alcohol harm.According to a new report 475 hospitalizations in the NWT last year were caused entirely by alcohol.That’s five times the national rate – more than anywhere else in the country by per capita.“Often I am contacted to go to the hospital probably once or twice a week to go up and see someone who has had problems and is in need of treatment,” said Rick Alexander, a substance abuse councellor.The study, Alcohol Harm in Canada, was completed by the Canadian Institute for Health Information.It shows residents were hospitalized for issues such as alcohol poisoning, withdrawal, liver disease and chronic alcohol abuse.And that men are more likely to be hospitalized because of alcohol – but there were more teenage girls admitted to hospitals over teenage boys.The trend extends across theNorthh – Yukon comes in as second highest in Canada followed by Nunavut per captia.Where one lives in the territories also had an impact on hospital visits.Higher hospitalization rates were seen in lower-income, remote and northern areas.“We surveyed a number of Canadians and asked them over a two year period how often do you havea conversationwith your primary healthcare provider about your smoking habits or drinking habits,” said study author Geoff Haynes. “What we found was over 70 percent of Canadians had a conversation with their doctor about smoking habits whereas less than 30 percent had conversations about alcohol.”Similiarly, Alexander also sees strength in numbers when it comes to social service support.“Certainly we don’t need more money thrown at it. money is not the issue. collaborative care and collaborating with other organizations in treating a very complex disorder is important. assessment and referral are important as well,” said Alexander.While many remote communities in the northare dry, it all-too-often that residents north of 60 hear of massive bootleg busts.“The more available it is, the more likely people are going to drink. particularly people who are at risk of drinking,” said Hayes. “The government is trying to balance the economic benefits of alcohol with limiting the health and social harms.”The way that you access services differs depending where you live.Admidst the startling numbers – the Northwest Territories has no detox or rehab centres. Neither does Nunavut – anyone struggling with alcohol dependency must travel south for rehab services.Many First Nation leader’s here are calling for a northern recovery email@example.com
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force are seeking information about incidents reported between Tuesday of this week and yesterday where a large sum of cash and electronics were stolen. The police in continuing its investigations into crimes committee has laid four charges against a 17-year old male of Kew Town on Providenciales namely Malicious Damage to Property, Using an Offensive Weapon to cause fear, Assault on a Police Officer and Resisting arrest. The charges are related to an incident which took place between October 30 and November 15, 2013. The 17-year old was offered bail and was set to appear before the Magistrate’s court.And more from the Police… with the festive season fast approaching, officers say and there is a trend for increased robberies and criminal events during this time. The Police Force is suggesting measures be taken by businesses and individuals to safe guard themselves. Some of which are: Stay calm and don’t attempt to be heroic if approached; never assume a firearm is fake or a toy; follow the instructions of the offender; make observations of the assailant and following the incident one should immediately call 911. Related Items:
Leicester City manager Claude Puel has blamed their lackluster first half performance for their 1-0 loss at Crystal Palace.Luka Milivojević’s long-range shot six minutes before the break was the difference on Saturday.Leicester hit the post in the second half after being crucial save by palace keeper Vicente Guaita as they tried to equalize.“Disappointed I think is the right word, of course,” Puel told the club’s website.“I think this team played with strong pressing and put us under pressure. We had difficulties to start with the ball, to find space and to find good moves behind their defenders.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“We played a poor first half without the right intensity and we conceded a great goal. It was tough for us without the positive attitude in our game. [In the] second half, we played better with a good intensity, the right intensity, good play, good moves.“We had three or four chances to score and I think we deserved to come back into the game.“The fair result for me was a draw and we were unlucky in the second half. I regret our first half without the right intensity, the right ingredients.“We allowed them to start well and score the goal. I’m disappointed about this and the inconsistency in our game.“We made our reaction with a good second half but to get the points we needed to play the full game.”
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino heaped praise on his players following today’s 3-1 win over Leicester City.Davinson Sanchez netted an early opener for Spurs after being set-up by Christian Eriksen with the Danish playmaker later getting on the scoresheet himself in the 33rd-minute of the match.Son Heung-min then scored a stoppage-time third goal after Jaime Vardy had briefly put Leicester back into contention.The 3-1 win moves Spurs back to within five points of leaders Manchester City in third-place in the Premier League.“It’s a good time with the circumstances [to win]. I think my players are heroes. I repeat because our effort was amazing,” said Pochettino, according to Sky Sports.“Again we are there, we are fighting and showing great character. Like this afternoon it maybe wasn’t our best performance, and it’s impossible during 10 minutes to be at the same level, but we’re still in it.”The Argentine coach insists Son was unfairly booked as he didn’t dive in the area from Harry Maguire’s challenge.He added: “It wasn’t simulation first of all. It was a little bit unlucky.“During the game the referee was good but we didn’t have luck in that situation because that was a clear penalty.“Son, when he scored the third goal, he showed how he is with his character, personality and capacity to run more than 90 minutes.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“It was a fantastic effort from him, great quality finishing and I was so happy for him because it was the key moment to feel a big relief after the whole game.”Pochettino also provided an update on Eriksen’s future at Spurs following another superb performance today.“We’ve spoken a lot about that, now we need to keep going, for him to continue performing in his best and of course I told you before he’s such an important player for us,” He added on Football London.“We’ll see what happens. I think I’ve used a few metaphors in the past about Christian, remember related with my family and my dog.“He needs to feel freedom to take his decisions. I think keeping going, so happy with him and we’ll see what happens in the end.”Spurs will next host German giants Borussia Dortmund at Wembley for the first leg of their last-16 Champions League clash.Another huge three points in the bag! 💪#COYS pic.twitter.com/oSBjLa9gL5— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 10, 2019
News Jennifer Lopez Postpones Las Vegas Residency Dates jennifer-lopez-postpones-las-vegas-residency-dates Jennifer Lopez Postpones Las Vegas Residency Dates Email Facebook Latin GRAMMY nominee tables cancels dates of her Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino residency in aftermath of tragic Las Vegas shooting Tim McPhateGRAMMYs Oct 3, 2017 – 3:27 pm “Jennifer Lopez: All I Have” at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino is among Las Vegas’ hottest current attractions.However, given the tragic shooting that took place in Las Vegas during the Route 91 Harvest Festival on Sunday, Oct. 1, the Latin GRAMMY nominee will postpone three dates — Oct. 4, Oct. 6 and Oct. 7 — of her award-winning residency. https://twitter.com/JLo/status/914885980988964865 Twitter Ticket holders are eligible for refunds or exchanges for other performances.”Jennifer is heartbroken that such a senseless tragedy occurred,” read a press release regarding the postponement. “Her thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”Jason Aldean Pens Heartfelt Letter Following Las Vegas ShootingRead more
Hopkins Street is closed to through traffic due to a serious motor vehicle crash just before the #Billerica Line. Seek alternate routes. #WilmingtonMA pic.twitter.com/D4Gp5PLWrj— Wilmington MA Police (@WilmingtonMAPD) April 20, 2018—(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for September 5: Train Conductor Helps Locate Missing Puppy; Rented Trucks Not Returned To UHaulIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for July 27: OUI Arrest; Woman Brings Caged Bird To Town BeachIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for July 25: Wilmington Man Arrested For OUI; Men Carrying Sledgehammers Down Street; Turkeys Causing TrafficIn “Police Log” WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Friday, April 20, 2018:A Fitz Terrace caller reported a male party was fishing on private property. Police responded and moved the man along. (8:03am)A vehicle stroke a pole on Grove Avenue. No injuries noted. RMLD notified. (1:45pm)Police was flagged down by passerby complaining there was a dog on town beach. Police advised the dog owner and moved them along. (5:49pm)A walk-in party reported she was the victim of a fraud. (5:52pm)A bad 2-vehicle crash, with injuries and an entrapment, took place between a black 2005 Honda Civic and blue 2008 Toyota Prius at Hopkins Street and Dorchester Street. One driver was unconscious, the other was entrapped. Road was shutdown. A mailbox was damaged due to the accident. A dog, which was in one of the vehicles, was transported to the vet. Tewksbury, Billerica and Burlington Fire Departments also responded and/or provided mutual coverage. Police filed an immediate threat against the operator of the Honda and faxed the paperwork to the RMV. (6:30pm)—
In the comics, She-Hulk, or Jennifer Walters, is the cousin of Bruce Banner, whose superhuman powers transferred to her when she received a transfusion of Banner’s blood. The Ms. Marvel character was first incarnated by Carol Danvers, who later took up the identity of Captain Marvel, and the name was most recently passed on to Kamala Khan, a teen protege of Danvers who is Marvel’s first Muslim character to headline her own comic book. Enlarge ImageFeige announced plans for a She-Hulk original series. Jesse Grant The character Moon Knight, or Marc Spector, is a former mercenary and CIA agent who has multiple personalities and is imbued with powers from an Egyptian god. These newly announced shows join a Marvel slate on Disney Plus that includes: live-action series The Falcon and The Winter Soldier with Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan set to premiere in fall 2020.a Loki series featuring Tom Hiddleston in spring 2021. WandaVision with Elizabeth Olsen in her role of Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany reprising The Vision in spring 2021.a Hawkeye series in fall 2021, starring Jeremy Renner. Marvel’s first animated series, Marvel’s What If…, which explore alternate histories of pivotal moments in Marvel’s stories, had things turned out a different way. The studio’s Disney Plus shows are designed to be essential viewing for Marvel fans, with the characters and narratives of the Disney Plus live-action shows knitted together with the studio’s blockbuster theatrical movies. Avengers: Endgame, for example, contains a clue to how Loki returns from his death in the Phase 3 finale to appear in the Disney Plus original show. Scarlet Witch will appear in May 2021’s theatrical sequel Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse of Madness — but to understand how the character got there, you’ll need to watch Wandavision that comes out around the same time. Disney Plus, a $7-a-month service set to launch Nov. 12, is the highest-profile example of traditional Hollywood digging in to compete in streaming against likes of Netflix, Amazon and — soon — Apple. With tech giants pouring money into their own TV shows and movies and luring consumers away from traditional pay TV, Disney is aiming to create a single streaming hub for all of its family-friendly content. Moon Knight rounded out the set of three new Marvel series Feige announced at D23. Jesse Grant The Disney D23 Expo runs through Sunday, Aug. 25. Be sure to check out coverage from sister sites GameSpot, TV Guide and ComicBook.com. Share your voice Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige unveiled plans for three additional Marvel shows on Disney Plus, including Ms. Marvel — the company’s first Muslim character to headline her own comic book. Jesse Grant Disney Plus already has four Marvel original scripted series and an animated show in the works. This Friday, Disney revealed three more. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, the puppet master behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe, said Disney Plus would also develop series based on characters She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight. He announced the shows at a Disney Plus presentation to show off trailers, screen first-look videos and parade talent at its fan convention, the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. Tags 26 Photos Comments Coming in Phase 4 of the MCU, no dates given for any of them yet though, just after Kate Bishop’s Hawkeye turn: 📺 Ms Marvel📺 Moon Knight📺 She Hulk #DisneyPlus #D23Expo #MCU #Phase4 #Marvel pic.twitter.com/TWDKSAvGqT— cait petrakovitz ➡️ D23 🙌🏽💃🏽 (@misscp) August 23, 2019 How to watch every Marvel Cinematic Universe film in the right order 3 TV and Movies Digital Media Disney Fox Hulu Netflix
Italian automobile giant Fiat has been considering the launch of its iconic jeep in India for a while. A latest report now suggests that the launch of Jeep brand in India will not happen any time soon, as the company thinks that India’s current auto market deceleration could affect the vehicle’s sales.The company had earlier planned to launch its Jeep in India by the end of 2013. When that did not happen, auto enthusiasts speculated that the Jeep would enter the Indian market India at the 2014 Auto Expo, which is scheduled to take place next month (February).Though the launch of Jeep sport-utility vehicle in India has been delayed, the company has not dismissed its plans for the sub-continent auto market, said a Wall Street India report. According to the report, the company is currently waiting for the market to pick up from the economic slowdown. Jeep’s entry with the enthralling Cherokee and Wrangler in Indian automobile industry will challenge car brands like Audi, BMW, Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz. “There were a number of changes in 2013 in terms of the economic conditions for launching new brands [in India],”Manley president and chief executive of Chrysler’s Jeep brand told Wall street India adding: “What I did was take another view of Jeep during the year and felt that 2013 wasn’t the right year with those changes to launch Jeep.”It looks like Fiat’s careful market approach is also a result of the company’s previously failed alliance in the country with Mahindra.
Bangladesh Nationalist Party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir. File PhotoBNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Friday said that ignoring the expectation of the people ,nothing can be imposed forcibly.“Much has taken place and enough is enough. Of course, everything has to be done in accordance with the expectation of the people,” Fakhrul told a meeting in the city.Bangladesh Sammilita Peshajibi Parishad, a platform of professional bodies, organised it at Shaheed AKM Siddque Hall in the capital’ s Supreme Court protesting against the false and fictitious cases against the Bangladesh Nationalist Party leaders including BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and acting chairperson Tarique Rahman.At a press conference at Ganabhaban on Wednesday, prime minister Sheikh Hasina said she held meetings with world leaders during the UN general assembly in New York. “The world leaders want to see me in power again,” the prime minister claimed.”Is it possible to stay in power for long if the world leaders want it, but the people of the country don’t?” Fakhrul asked.Mirza Fakhrul urged the prime minister to think positively and facilitate the people to cast their votes by arranging a free and fair election.”Free Khaleda Zia. If you don’t release her, the crisis will emerge in the country that you won’t be able to tackle it,” the BNP leader warned.”Why are you afraid of BNP and the people? Why don’t you want to give a fair election?” Fakhrul asked referring to the prime minister.You have learnt that your popularity has plunged to zero, he observed.He alleged that the ruling Awami League is totally isolated from the people.UNB adds: BNP on Friday alleged that the government is conspiring to hurriedly complete the trial in the cases filed against BNP top leaders ahead of the national election.”There’s no rule of law in the country. We’ve seen what happened to our madam (Khaleda). The same thing is happening regarding the cases filed against our acting chairman Tarique Rahman,” said BNP Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.He further said, “Three dates are being fixed in a week for hearing cases against our standing committee members to expedite the trial proceedings. It means they (govt) are trying to settle everything before the election.”About the national unity, he expressed the hope that they will be able to ensure the fall of the current government by forging the national unity.”We all are trying together to overcome the current situation. We’re working to remove the current dangerous, fascist and despotic government to create a national unity as per the call made by our chairperson Khaleda Zia.”Fakhrul called upon people from all walks of life, including the professionals, to get united for launching a movement to save the country and its independence and sovereignty.